Duration: 5 days
This Site Safety Plus course is for project managers, site managers and supervisors, business owners and clients. You will gain an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues on construction sites.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
At the end of the SMSTS course successful candidates will be able to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management and supervisory role
- Understand their legal, moral and social obligations to maintain a healthy and safe site, as well as consider the benefits and costs of implementation to their organisation
- Identify and avoid potential hazards on site
- Prepare method statements, risk assessments and other statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 5 days – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Valid ID such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
Course price also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
The certificate is valid for 5 years. You will need to complete the SMSTS Refresher course prior to expiry to maintain validity.