Course Date: 13/12/2017 – 15/12/2017
For alternative dates, please click here.
Duration: 3 days
Certification: Level 2 Qualification
IOSH Managing Safely is an outstanding course which outlines manager’s roles and responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety at work. This course is ideal for Managers, Supervisors or anyone who may be leading a team.
It is a great introductory course to Health and Safety management which covers the basics in a high impact interactive package.
The course is arranged into the following 7 modules:
- Introducing managing safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
Each module is taught on a face-to-face basis by our highly qualified and experienced trainers. We offer around the clock tutor support to help individual learning styles. The classroom environment also encourages students to interact and learn from each other’s experiences.
On completion of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Conduct a suitable and sufficient risk assessment
- Define the difference between ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’
- Explain the reasons for preventing workplace accidents and occupational ill health
- Identify common workplace hazards including those associated with fire, chemicals, noise, housekeeping, working at height, slips, tips and falls, asbestos, violence, radiation, extreme temperatures, vibration, lighting, electricity, confined spaces, vehicles, DSE equipment and manual handling
- Identify suitable control measures
- Understand Health and Safety law and how the legal system works
- Describe a Health and Safety management system
- Identify why and how accidents should be investigated
- Outline proactive and reactive monitoring techniques
There are many course benefits:
- IOSH Managing Safely is an internationally recognised and respected qualification
- Incorporates many ready-to-use training tools including board games, DVD’s and quizzes
- No technical jargon or complex legal language
- Covers both Health and Safety and Environmental aspects in one course
- Features a multi-choice assessment style
- Includes practical teaching methods with a workplace risk assessment project
- Discounts available for bulk business bookings
Top 5 business benefits:
- Greater productivity – fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents
- Improved organisation-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Internationally recognised certification for your managers and supervisors, contributing to continuous professional development
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
All successful candidates will receive an IOSH certificate upon completion.
For a full range of our courses, please click here.